Electronic Poster Making was one of the contests on our school's culmination program for Nutrition Month 2012 celebration. This year's theme is: "Pagkain ng gulay ugaliin, araw-araw itong ihain."
I was the one who suggested that E-poster making should be included as one of the skills to be contested. This is an additional contest because we still have the traditional poster making contest.
Most of the contestants are my ICT students - ICT 2, ICT 3 and ICT 4 but the contest is open to all who are willing to join as long as they have the skill in using Adobe Photoshop.
Electronic Poster Making MechanicsHere are the mechanics I set for the contest:
1. Each team will be composed of 2 members (same year level).
2. Each year level can submit at most two teams.
3. The photo-editing software to be used is Adobe Photoshop CS3.
4. The contestants will use the same images (in .jpeg or .png format) provided by the contest administrator.
5. The poster size: A4.
6. Contestants will save their output in the desktop of the computer they are using with the folder name "Entry #___". They will save two formats the .psd and .jpeg. with filename the same as the folder name. Example, if the folder is Entry #1, the corresponding .psd and .jpeg file will be Entry #1.psd and Entry #1.jpeg.
7. The teams will be given 1 hour to design a poster about Nutrition Month 2012 celebration that will convey the theme "Pagkain ng gulay ugaliin, araw-araw itong ihain".
8. Rubrics will be given to the judges in judging the electronic posters.
9. One member of each team will defend the message of the designed e-poster through oral presentation.
Electronic Poster Making RubricsWe used the Analytic Performance Scoring Rubrics For Electronic Poster-Making used in STEP Competition but we modified the Speed part.
Here's the breakdown of the criteria:
A. Creativity 30%: [Enhancement - 15%; and Ingenuity - 15%]
B. Use of Photo-Editing Tools 25%: [Utilization of Tools and Features - 15%; and Mastery -10%]
C. Harmony and Balance 15%
D. Oral Presentation 10%
E. Speed 10%
F. Relevance to the Theme 10%
If you want to download the rubrics, just click on the download link that follows:
Electronic Poster Making Rubrics
Here are the top 3 electronic posters in MNHS Nutrition Month 2012
First Place: 3rd Year (Luie Mark Tutor and Junifel Longyapon)
Second Place: 3rd Year (Zoren Duero and Jay Ianpet Cloma)
Third Place: 4th Year (Luwayne Bardago and Jessa Amor Magbutong)